Arsenal in the Community
Arsenal in the Community has been using the power of the Arsenal name to positively impact the lives of young people since 1985. The team delivers sport, social and education programmes to over 5,000 individuals each week
To deliver a variety of physical fitness sessions and/or health interventions that benefit the wellbeing of the local community.
This role operates under the Venue department at Arsenal Football Club and is responsible for renewing our existing members, and delivering a first-class level of service to members in the premium areas of Emirates Stadium.
- Plan and deliver a variety of health & fitness sessions and wellbeing interventions in the local community that are age appropriate, meet the needs of individuals and groups.
- Carry, set up and use a range of fitness equipment at sessions to keep the sessions engaging and effective for the participants.
- Work with individuals and/or groups from a range of abilities, fitness levels, age ranges and varying backgrounds.
- Make appropriate adaptations to sessions for participants with medical or mobility issues.
- Be responsible for the correct use and safe keeping of equipment. Ensure that the facilities are checked before use and safe for practical participation.
- Maintain high standards of professional behaviour towards colleagues, participants & stakeholders with whom we engage and the wider public when working for and wearing Arsenal kit.
- Develop professional and supportive relationships with all participants.
- Attend professional development days where possible as set by Arsenal in the Community in order to continue own personal development.
- Own responsibility for updating registers, consent forms, incident and accident forms, and recording participant outcomes.
- Adhere to all Arsenal in the Community policies and procedures such as those relating to Safeguarding, Health and Safety and emergency procedures and including those of venues where you may be based.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Strong knowledge of nutrition and fitness
- Knowledge of adapting exercise for different needs and medical conditions.
- A confident and effective communicator.
- Have knowledge and experience of (or be willing to develop) working in community settings
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate Safeguarding, Health and Safety and emergency practices.
- Committed to own professional development.
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Valid, up to date certifications in First Aid and Safeguarding Children.
- Level 3 certificate in exercise referral
- FA Level 1 or FA Level 2 Award in Coaching Football
- An appreciation for the potential impact of sport & exercise on people in the community.
- An understanding of one or more behaviour change models
- Experience of working with individuals with a range of medical conditions.
- Experience of delivering talks and presentations with confidence.
Please note successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK and any work is subject to the return of satisfactory references.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Status: Full Time
Location : England
Closing date : 21 Jul 2022
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin the online application process.