Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino has named one of the new Chelsea captain candidates in his latest press conference over night.
Such is the nature of the beast right now, UK Chelsea fans are having to wake up in the mornings and catch up on things that have happened with Chelsea, who are out in the USA. And there was a pre-match press conference that happened over night last night, probably whilst many of us were sleeping.
- Top Chelsea journalist calls for club owners to speak to fans after unrest grows.
- Huge Boost: Chelsea player spotted training at Cobham after long spell out.
- Chelsea fans may not be able to handle another result like this as madness predicted to continue
- Chelsea set to recall on loan striker following frustrations over playing time
- Chelsea set to open contract talks with 23-year-old
helsea play Newcastle in the early hours of tomorrow morning in their next pre-season friendly, and both Pochettino and Reece James spoke to the media last night.
Pochettino was asked about his next captain decision as he looks to replace Cesar Azpilicueta as the permanent Blues skipper. And obviously they asked whether James was going to be one of those he is considering.
It comes as no surprise that Pochettino has James as one of his candidates for manager this season and beyond.
In words cited by Football London, Pochettino said: “[Reece James] is one of the possibilities [for captain]. We are talking from day one about his objectives and how he was in the last few years at the club. He feels Chelsea, he came from the academy. He is one of the profile and players that can be the present and future captain of the club.”