Arsenal Football Club is one of the biggest teams in world football.The Arsenal Retail department is responsible for setting strategies and executing delivery on :-
The post holder will be responsible for the account management of Arsenal’s licensees, with the primary objective of maximising the value of rights through best-in-class service, leading to high levels of retention.
The core pillars of the role include: product development; rights delivery; royalty reporting; business planning & prioritisation; Business Reviews.
- To manage the relationship with licensees, with accountability for product, providing guidance on advertising and promotions and to actively drive sales by working closely with the buying and marketing teams.
- To manage the rights delivery of licensees, including planning and managing Club Day and any Club marketing activity with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Build strong licensing relationships with existing licensees, across each of the key areas (product, finance etc.)
- Daily interaction with licensees on Arsenal mono-branded product development and approvals from artwork through to final production samples.
- Understand licensee’s business dynamics, adapting to meet their needs without compromising Arsenal’s strategy and brand values.
- Provide marketing support to licensees, including the promotion of licensed products across the Arsenal membership and media group estates.
- Management of the Club’s attendance at a licensing events / trade shows where Arsenal is exhibiting, including designing the stand, signing off on advertising and Club exposure in event materials
- Attendance at Licensing/Product Fairs (e.g. Toy Fair, Spring Fair) to keep abreast of new products and identify potential licensees.
- To interact with internal Retail team, including Buying (new product sourced by Arsenal), Marketing (new product launches and sales support), Operations (any store activity).In addition the job holder will need to liaise across departments where relevant.
- Responsible for managing licensee product approvals using the online approvals platform, ensuring all products fit within Arsenal’s strategy and brand values.
- Work with Arsenal Retail Buying & Merchandising team, ensuring that they are aware of upcoming licensed product launches and that these are ranged in Arsenal stores where relevant.
- Keep abreast with developments within the Licensing industry, specifically related to product.This will include competitor shopping and reporting/acting on findings.
- To conduct licensee Business Reviews, measuring licensee performance to business plan and challenging licensees to continually improve performance in terms of product development, innovation, sales and distribution.
- To collect the royalty reports from licensees and to chase late royalty report submissions where appropriate.
- To analyse the royalty reports, highlighting royalty performance against the Minimum Guarantee, and identifying opportunities for future growth.
- Maintaining the Licensing agreements, tracking the status of new licence development and advising when agreements are up for renewal.
- Liaison with the finance department on invoicing and debtor management.
- Contribute towards the creation of a style guide for Arsenal product to include usage of Arsenal crest and other IP including players, develop packaging to ensure Arsenal is represented well at retail.
c. 3-5 games per season – attend game with licensees.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with at least 1 years relevant experience, preferably within the licensing and/ or sports industry (agency, brand owner, licensee).
- Highly self-motivated individual, who demonstrates the club’s values, and strives for excellence.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Offers a dedicated and flexible can-do approach.
Arsenal FC believes that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch. We encourage applications from women, disabled and black, Asian and mixed-heritage candidates. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for applicants and employees and aim to appoint on merit from a diverse talent pool.
Location : Arsenal FC
Closing Date: 12/07/2022