A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN BARNET AND SOUTHGATE COLLEGE AND TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB
The Barnet and Southgate College Tottenham Hotspur Football programme is one of the most successful college football programmes in the country for player development with a number progressing onto professional contracts, US Scholarships, UK University and high levels of non-league football, especially through the additional partner – Haringey Borough FC. Additionally a number of team accolades have been attained in this time as well as National representative team caps.
Catering for a range of abilities from elite players who have been part of EPPP professional Academy setups previously, county level players or talented grassroots players through to development level players who want to combine football with their education, feel a part of something meaningful, the programme strives to be well rounded and work on the person, as well as the player and the student.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To provide outstanding football coaching and related opportunities to young male players alongside a high quality, full-time academic education
- Allow committed players to play the game, learn and develop holistically through a structured programme of training, competitive games programme fixtures, physical and social development.
- Ensure all student athletes succeed academically and support them into their next steps whether that is higher education, playing professionally, pursuing a career in the football industry, wider sports industry or other employment.
This exciting course links Academy standard football coaching, provided by the Tottenham Hotspur Global Football Development team, with a high-quality range of full-time academic qualifications as part of the study programme offered by Barnet and Southgate College for students aged between 16 and 19 years old.
Students on this pathway are able to select from a number of full-time academic qualifications to study ranging from BTEC Level 1, 2, 3 or Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport, A Level packages, NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership (Coaching), YMCA Personal Training and Gym Instruction Courses and limited Business courses. There is also the option of Higher Education study through the Higher National Diploma Level 4/5 Sports Science programme for older students and link into the Haringey Borough FC u23 pathway.
The Tottenham Hotspur coaching team of FA and UEFA qualified professional are dedicated to creating a bespoke, elite coaching environment for students.
All coaching staff have appropriate FA qualifications in football, are emergency first aid trained, and are DBS checked. Coaches from Tottenham Hotspur Football Club on the Barnet and Southgate programme also work within the Club’s Academy and Development Centres.
- Up to 4 training sessions per week for students in the elite pathway plus a Gams Programme. Minimum of 2 training sessions a week plus Games programme
- English and Maths
- Employability skills
- Opportunity for Sport National Governing Body Coaching awards and to be part of the Tottenham Hotspur Coaching Excellence Centre programme
- Training at Coles Park Stadium – home to the semi-professional Bostik League club, Haringey Borough FC. Students will also have occasional access to sessions at Tottenham Hotspur’s state-of-the-art Training Centre over the duration of the year.
- Participation in the FA Youth Cup as Haringey Borough u18’s.
- Transport will be provided for learners to and from all of the above facilities free of charge. Learners who enrol on the course will be required to sign a code of conduct, and will not be allowed to train or play football unless they are up-to-date with their academic commitments.
- Physiotherapists who will deliver clinic sessions, and free access to the college’s performance gym with strength and conditioning support available for players.
HOW TO APPLY:
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING PLEASE FILL OUT OUR ONLINE FORM, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SCHEME, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] OR TELEPHONE ON 020 3764 4479.
You can share this information, to your family and friends, as it will be helpful to someone. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the buttons below to do this